Underwater Swim Analysis
Swim analysis is important to reduce drag in the water and assess for proper movements to avoid injury. Coaches will video record you and provide immediate feedback based on your swim form. In a follow up meeting a coach will playback the video to analyze your form together. An athlete is better able to understand the corrections they need to make in order to reduce drag in the water and increase their speed.
Run Form Analysis
Have your running form analyzed for proper form to maximize efficiency. Coaches will take a slow motion video to see your current gait pattern. With proper running form you’ll be able to run faster and have less of a chance of an injury.
VO2 Max Testing and Analysis
VO2 Max refers to the maximum amount of oxygen that an individual can utilize during intense or maximal exercise. This measurement is generally considered the best indicator of cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance.
- This tests determines the cardiorespiratory fitness of an individual based on the amount of oxygen needed in muscles for prolonged exercise.
- VO2 max is an external parameter that is affected by how many red blood cells you have, how adapted your muscles are to distance running and how much blood your heart can pump.
- Age, gender and altitude have a large influence on VO2 max.
- Baseline VO2 max is critical for any endurance training program. We can design a program using various endurance training methods and test your progress with additional tests.
Resting Metabolic Rate Testing and Analysis
RMR testing is a non-invasive test that measures how many calories you burn when you are at rest
- This test will show you how good your body is at converting food to energy and using fat or sugar as fuel
- Once analyzed you can create a nutrition program specific to your needs to achieve your goals and conquer plateaus
- Many factors affect a person’s metabolic rate: weight, age, body composition, hormone levels, and gender making it a highly unique number.
More information to come…
Please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.